Manitoba Ombudsman releases 2020 annual reportReturn to listing
Dec 29, 2021
Manitoba Ombudsman Jill Perron has released her office’s annual report for 2020, which quantifies contacts to the office, identifies some of the challenges faced during the first year of the pandemic and features case summaries and detailed statistics on the office’s work under all of its mandates.
Highlights of the 2020 annual report include:
- Information about the impact of the pandemic on public services and office operations.
- Statistics about inquiries and complaints received and requests for informal consultation and guidance on privacy implications related to pandemic or other initiatives.
- Trends in access to information and privacy matters dealt with by the office.
- Case summaries identifying issues that arose in a number of complaint investigations under FIPPA and PHIA.
- Information about the types of privacy breaches reported and the outcomes of privacy breach reviews.
- Case summaries that illustrate the variety of complaint investigations conducted related to municipal and provincial matters under the Ombudsman Act.
- Considerations made in the course of assessing wrongdoing disclosures and reprisal complaints under PIDA and the outcome of a wrongdoing investigation.
The 2020 annual report is available at https://www.ombudsman.mb.ca/uploads/document/files/2020-annual-report-web-en-en.pdf
A limited number of print copies are available by contacting the office at 204-982-9130, 1-800-665-0531 or email@example.com.
Manitoba Ombudsman is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba that promotes and fosters openness, transparency, fairness, accountability and respect for privacy in the design and delivery of public services. The office investigates complaints about access to information and privacy matters, the fairness of government actions and decisions, and serious wrongdoings that may have occurred.